It is no hidden fact that the contemporary digital world is completely revolving around videos and they are slowly becoming the lifeblood of digital marketing. In fact, as per statistics, 92% of digital marketers will continue to value videos as an integral part of their marketing strategy.
Hence, it is essential for you as a business owner to understand that you will have to learn the technique of creating attractive videos tomorrow if not today. This will assist you in growing your business better.
However, one needs to understand that if everybody is making videos, it is your strategies that will make you stand out from the crowd. Hence, in order to impactfully create one, all you need is a set of some actionable strategies that can assist you in gaining a competitive edge over all others.
Worried about where to find some of the latest strategies? You are at the right place, this blog will answer some of the most commonly asked questions with the top 7 foolproof strategies that can assist you in making your videos more captivating and engaging. So let’s dive right in and unveil effective strategies to create videos that will benefit your business.
How To Make Videos Interesting?
- Try different styles
There are different styles and ways to present engaging content in a video. You first need to understand what format of your video is mostly liked by your target audience and what type of content they want to see more. Based on the collected data you can choose a style and make your video ideas more appealing to your target audience.
To elaborate, below mentioned are some of the styles that you can choose your niche from in order to create more engaging videos.
- Explainer videos – Explainer videos can be used when you have to explain your product and service to your target audience. Explainer videos are popular because explainer videos save people time reading text-based descriptions. To validate, as per statistics, 59% of people claim that if both text and video are available on the same topic, they are more likely to go for video.
- How-to tutorials – How-to tutorials are another prominent form of video style that is widely used by businesses all across the globe. They are often called instructional videos and they navigate or guide your viewers about how your product operated or how to avail your service.
- Advertisements – We all are aware of what exactly advertisements are and how it assists you in directly promoting your product or service to your target audience. Hence, you can use different genres such as comedy, fear, satire, thrill, etc. to create interesting videos in order to hook your target audience.
- Short videos – Reels on Instagram and Shorts on YouTube are some of the best examples of short videos. You can create short and precise engaging videos delivering messages to your audience in multiple ways to grab their attention. If your videos are short in length, they will attract more viewers. To validate, as per statistics, 68% of viewers will happily watch videos that are less than one minute long.
How To Make Videos Better Quality?
- Focus On Video Resolution
All the focus of businesses often ends up on creating high-quality in terms of content. Although it’s a major aspect of creating video, there is another type of quality that also needs your attention.
Yes, the quality of your video is as important as the quality of your content. The major reason is before even watching or engaging with your content, the eyes of your viewer land on the quality of resolution with which your video is playing.
Using high-quality resolutions make videos visually engaging and appealing. That is the first hook you create for your viewers before even pitching them your content or business.
For better comprehension, all the details of the ideal resolution for every social media platform are mentioned below
- Facebook – Endorsed dimensions of video for Facebook should be1280x720.
- Twitter – for Twitter, the recommended dimensions of video are 1280×720 for portraits and landscapes. Moreover, for a perfect square video, the dimensions should be 720×720.
- TikTok – To significantly attract the attention of your target audience on TikTok, the ideal resolution should be 1080×1920.
- YouTube – The ideal resolution for uploading videos should be around 1280 x 720.
Keeping in mind the resolution of videos before posting them will improve video quality and will assist in keeping your audience engaged.
- Create High-quality content
After discussing the quality of video in terms of its resolution, the focus should be on the quality in terms of content. In terms of content, below given are certain parameters that should be taken into consideration
- Keep the content relevant – The first and foremost step that should be taken under consideration is that the content that you present should be short, precise, and relevant to your target audience. For effectively communicating through your videos, you need to keep the 7Cs of communication in mind. They will make your videos more relevant and attractive.
- Focus on the first 8 seconds -A recent study by Microsoft revealed that the attention span of humans has just reduced to 8 seconds from 12 seconds. Hence, it is really essential for you to create engaging content, so that you are successful in catching the attention of your audience in the first 8 seconds.
- Do not use jargon – You need to understand that you can have a diversified audience who may not be aware of all the difficult words you are using. In such a situation, using multiple jargon in the video can contribute to disengaging your audience. Hence, it is always advisable not to use jargon in videos.
Taking all these parameters under consideration will assist you in maintaining the quality of your content high and will make your videos interesting.
Some Creative Video Ideas
- Engage your audience through Storytelling
As it was correctly quoted by Seth Godin that marketing today is no longer about the stuff you make, it’s about the story you tell.
Storytelling is the art of describing various narrative elements to catch the attention of the audience. Using storytelling in your creative videos you can trigger various emotions in your target audience and influence their purchase decisions.
You can use various techniques and genres of storytelling to create appealing videos in order to hook your audience. This will assist you in fostering innovation and creativity in your stories and will make your videos interesting.
- Utilize UGC
In terms of creating creative video ideas, user-generated content can be one of the most effective ways of attaining the same.
To define, user-generated content refers to brand-centric content created by users which is further used by businesses in order to acquire new customers effectively.
Creating user-generated content will add to the diversification of content on your post. This will assist in enhancing the engaging content and will hook your audience for a long time.
Along with this, user-generated content will also act as social proof provided by your existing customers to attract some new ones. This way it will get easier for your new customer to trust you and to move ahead on the purchase journey from your brand.
You can collect UGC from your customers in the form of feedback, ratings, or reviews. Further, you can present the collected data in the form of
Presenting your UGC in the form of videos will assist in influencing your customers’ purchase decisions. to validate, as per statistics, people claimed that watching user-generated content makes them more sure about their purchasing decisions.
How To Monetize Your Videos?
- Follow guidelines
It does not matter which platform you are going to choose to monetize your videos, every platform has its algorithms and guidelines which need to be followed in order to successfully get rewards in exchange for getting views and subscribers. Some of the most common guidelines that are mostly preferred by all the platforms are mentioned below
- Prohibition on posting adult content – There are many platforms like YouTube does not allow portraying adult content such as pornography in their videos. Hence, if you want your videos to earn through YouTube, you need to avoid the inclusion of any such content in your video that can cause hindrance in your monetization process.
- Ban on copyright violation – In order to get your videos monetized, you need to keep the content of your videos concise and original in order to avoid copyright infringement of any sort. Keeping the content original will also assist in enhancing the brand authority of your business.
- Choose the correct monetization model
There are many monetization models that can be selected on your preference and can be even based on the types of videos and content you provide to your target audience. Below mentioned are the most popular and common forms of monetization model that can be used by you in order to earn healthy revenue from your videos.
- Subscription Video on Demand – In SVOD, users have to first pay and subscribe to their channels and services. After that, they can have access to the content they want to see and the most common example of the same is Netflix.
- Transactional Video on Demand – TVOD model is more pay-per-view-based, in which consumers can rent the content and videos and can have access to it for a particular time.
- Advertising-Based Video on Demand – This is the most common form of monetization model in which users have to watch a video before viewing the actual content. You might also have experienced this while watching videos on YouTube.
- Hybrid Model – You can also choose multiple models to monetize your videos. In such scenarios, it is called the hybrid model of monetization.
To encapsulate, it is an undeniable fact that videos are going to conquer the digital world. Hence, it is really essential for you to get your hands on various strategies to create captivating and creative videos. Moreover, the above-given strategies will assist you in gaining big using videos effectively.